- Make a request for an Out of Province Vehicle Inspection through our website or phone. You require proof of ownership of the vehicle
- Visit our authorized mechanic at the appointed time and provide them the out of province inspection form at time of inspection.
- Once completed (and the vehicle passes inspection) the mechanic will give you the Out of Province Vehicle Inspection Certificate.
OUT OF PROVINCE INSPECTION
HOW TO GET AN OUT OF PROVINCE INSPECTION IN CALGARY
Your battery, indicator lights, headlamps (including daytime running lights), and switches must be operational.
The transmission and engine are the prime components of a powertrain, along with other elements such as the torque, drive shaft, axles and differential will be inspected and tested.
All controls, including visors, windshield wipers, accelerator and brake pedals, power steering, and other operational controls are inspected for functionality.
The suspension of the vehicle must be safe, including the frame and unibody, trailer hitch, bumpers, floors and doors
All brakes and their associated components must be cleared and safe.
The engine and its components, including your fuel system, are inspected.
Tires, road clearance, steering linkage, ball joints, shock absorbers, and the exhaust system must all pass inspection.
- Phenomenal auto repair shop!! I recommend them whole heartedly for their swift, meticulous and courteous service: FABULOUS find!!Shauna May
- We would recommend them.MikeT
- Most peacefull and zen mechanic garage i have been. found myself a jewelSylvie Tessier
- Victor and the staff do great work at a reasonable rate. Best shop in CalgaryGary S
- Friendly and very thorough I appreciate that very muchElaine Dryer
- I just LOVE my Mitsy! She's a 2004 ********** Lancer RallyArt, born in ****. ANYhoo, my Mitsy has a sub-woofer in her trunk and holy cow!Maureen O
- Victor always offers advice, seems very honest and doesn’t try to pad the work required. He’s also very friendly and pleasant to work with.Vicki Wiseman
- Great people , fast and transparent. What else can you as for ? Cheaper well they did that too. I’ll do business with them again .Keith Barry Marcel Coates
- These folks embody all aspects of a better business. They are trustworthy, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Can’t recommend enough.Chris M
- Victor is the man! I now take both our vehicles there and have no complaints.Dave M
- Excellent friendly serviceLance Wirth
- Victor and his team have taken care of our vehicles for many years and they have consistently performed with attention to the details.Mike F
- Alberta Auto Sales & Repair is now my go to garage. They keep my car running with honest and reasonably priced services. Thank you VictorArnold Maraj
- My family and I strongly recommend this place. Very friendly people. Victor no matter how busy he is always helps !Drita Marku
- Great professional service. Victor is super friendly and really cares for his clients.Dolores Villa
- Thank you Victor for saving my sanity!!Michael B
- Even at one of his busiest times of the year, Victor was so accommodating.Sandy Barker
- Victor and the team do a great job...always going above and beyond!Steve H.
- Great place to go for out-of-town inspections, and auto repair.Rob S.
- Great service! Fit me in last minute and had me back on the road same day. Friendly, fast, and fair. Very happy! Will be back.Victoria Bartley
The out of province inspection process is required to get registration for your vehicle whenever you move into Alberta from outside the province. The inspection focuses on the safety and mechanical structure of your vehicle in relation to the required guidelines as published by the Province of Alberta.
An out of province inspection must be performed at a registered Licensed Inspection Facility and performed by a Certified Licensed Technician. Alberta Auto Sales & Repairs qualifies and has the experience and required Licensed Technicians.
Also required is to access whether the vehicle lives up to the standards of the original manufacturer. If the structural integrity of your vehicle has been compromised due to collisions etc.
If there are structural items that fail to meet inspection standards, they must be repaired within 10 days of the failure notice. If required, we will provide an estimate for the repairs and you can then determine how to proceed.